Job Title: Digital Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Artistic & Executive Director (AED)
Duration: Part-time, contract
Scope: Year round operations with July off
Start date: Mid August, 2020
Fee: $25/hr for 25-30 hours/month
Zee Zee Theatre believes in individual stories that provoke and inspire us, and that foster common understanding and empathy across our diverse human experiences. Starting our 13th season we are devoted to telling diverse stories and amplifying the voices of those on the margins with a focus on LGBTQ2SI+ communities.
We are currently looking to hire a part-time Digital Communications Coordinator to create plans and implement marketing and promotional activities. If you are enthusiastic, professional, and would like to work in a small, dynamic team supporting the Arts, we would be excited to have you join us.
The Digital Communications Coordinator supports the Artistic & Executive Director and the Associate Artistic Director in maintaining and improving the company’s reputation and brand. As the key support for digital communications and brand representation, you provide implementation expertise to ensure best results across all online assets, keep the brand up to date with best usage of digital platforms, gather content, maintain and grow community engagement as well as promote all events, and campaign initiatives including marketing and communications.
- Be the voice of Zee Zee Theatre across all social media and digital marketing communications.
- Create and implement a monthly social calendar, in line with the company’s annual marketing schedule for all programs and events.
- Manage, source and curate images, videos, design assets as needed for content or campaign amplification, such as working with internal stakeholders or external marketing and design agencies.
- As needed, execute paid social media advertising across Facebook and Instagram, providing clear recommendation of tactic and audience targeting and implementing in a timely manner for budgeting purposes.
- Support the AED and any contracted Marketing firms in delivering campaign and marketing initiatives.
- Support all Zee Zee special events, on-site, off-site or virtual, with promotional copy and content including ensuring the delivering of any sponsorship or cross-promotional initiatives.
- Monitor effectiveness of digital strategies and marketing initiatives, providing campaign reports and quarterly reports with recommendations for future improvements.
- Ensure all digital platforms are adhering to best practice standards, raising any requirements or recommendations as needed.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong organizational capabilities and experience in drafting reports and presentations;
- Prior experience in the Arts or not-for-profit sector an asset
- Experience in a digital marketing, communications or social media specialist role
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, implementing and reporting on social content across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prepare brand copy and brand assets, such as working with a designer or creative writing experience.
- General understanding of Facebook and Google analytics/reporting required.
- Thorough understanding of advertising on social media platforms and accompanying strategies an asset.
- Diploma, certificate or degree in journalism, creative writing, arts or communications is an asset.
- Prior experience in assisting with event marketing a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a resume with cover letter and a sample of your writing to Development & Operations Manager Gladys Kwok. Subject header: Digital Communications Coordinator. All applications will be reviewed. We thank you for your interest and will only be contacting qualified applicants.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org