Job Title: Artistic Producer
Reports to: Artistic and Executive Director
Duration: Permanent, Part-time, 30 hours/week
Location: Hybrid Digital & In-Person
Office: 1885 Venables Street, Vancouver
Start date: July 3, 2023 (flexible)
Salary Range: $36,000 to $45,000 per annum
Zee Zee Theatre believes in individual stories that provoke and inspire us, and that foster common understanding and empathy across our diverse human experiences. Now in our 15th season we are devoted to telling diverse stories and amplifying the voices of those on the margins.
Reporting to the Artistic and Executive Director, the Artistic Producer holds a key leadership role in the organization and works collaboratively with the Artistic and Executive Director, the Artistic Producer, and the Board of Directors. The successful candidate is passionate about the arts and wants to help build the company. To be successful in this role you must be good with people, professional but easy going, a problem solver, and be willing and able to publicly represent Zee Zee.
- Contributes to the development of the annual fundraising plan and maintains and updates the annual fundraising calendar
- Assists in the development of the annual budget, marketing and communication strategy, and revenue generation plan
- Is responsible for philanthropic proposal-writing to foundations and corporate donations programs
- Aids the Board of Directors for Special Events and campaigns
- Ensures ongoing Donor management and membership correspondence
- Responsible for the planning and execution of digital projects that improve operational efficiencies
- Handles day to day financial management & systems
- Ensures timely external reporting to funding agencies and other fiduciary requirements such a CRA, WCB, annual financial statements
- Ongoing budget management and internal reporting
- Supports the Artistic and Executive Director in the preparation of board reports
- Manages all aspects of Salesforce including:
- Cleaning and consolidating data from various sources to be imported
- Ensuring data accuracy for all contacts, campaigns, and opportunities
- Triggering tax receipts for recurring donors
- Export customized reports
- Keep website updated on WordPress by (show information, linking to external pages, creating event pages etc.)
- Execute payment operations via Stripe
- Extract required accounting information from Stripe
- Liaise with office facilities to ensure smooth operations
- Oversees Grant Writer, Web-Developers, Digital Communications Coordinator, Associate Producers, and other organizational development consultants
- Issues all contracts including those for the marketing and creative personnel (ie. Canadian Actors’ Equity Association)
- Develops and maintains human resource process, documentation, and systems
- Ensures critical deadlines are met
- Developing overall vision/angle for grants, generating and editing all copy for season main stage production application.
- Seeking out and applying for other granting opportunities for other Zee Zee events (ie: Human Library/Virtual Humanity).
- Receive submitted scripts and correspond with all playwrights who reach out to the company.
- Read the scripts and provide written feedback.
- Writing copy for all season shows and season welcome support.
Newsletter & Publicity
- Writing copy, formatting, etc.
- Assisting Digital Communications Coordinator with content (photos, ideas).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration or similar fields, or commensurate experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ fund development or administrative experience
- Proven track record of accomplishments in fundraising (i.e., individual, corporate, planned giving, major gifts, and foundation campaigns and experience in grant writing)
- Respects diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
- Proficient in Salesforce, WordPress, Google Suite, and Stripe
- Familiarity with Project Management frameworks and experience in start-to-finish projects
- Ability to conduct requirement analysis and clearly articulate outcomes in written and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of CRA regulations and donor program implications
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia would be considered an asset
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A self motivated critical thinker who loves to solve problems and plan strategically
- Is interpersonal, collaborative, adaptable, and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitask, execute a sense of urgency, and meet deadlines
- Experience in the arts/ not for profit sector an asset
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline: June 15, 2023
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Zee Zee Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and hiring decisions are based solely on the merits of the candidates and needs of the society.
Zee Zee Theatre is an equity-seeking, equal opportunity employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply, and encourage applications by QTIPOC candidates, women, Two-Spirit and gender diverse individuals.