- In the WordPress sidebar, click on Pages, and select Home Page.
- Open the Slider area if it isn’t already open.
- To add a new slide: click Add Row.
- To modify a slide, click the pencil icon on the item you want to change.
- To remove a slide, hover on the right side of the row and click the minus icon.
- To choose an image, click on Add Image.
- Slider images should be wide format (a good rule of thumb is width = height * 1.5). Use the image “Hardline_2014_386_slide.jpeg” as an example. If images are not in this format, they will not look their best.
- Under Image Description, write a title for the image. This text is displayed on top of the image
- Under Information and Tickets, click Select Link and then type text for the link, and either paste a URL. If linking to an existing Works or other page in the site, start typing its name. Click Add Link when finished.
- Click Update, and you’re good to go.
Changing the Season
- In the WordPress sidebar, navigate to Productions.
- Under Productions, click Categories.
- In the list of Categories, point to Current Season and then click Edit.
- Change the name of the category to the performance year E.g. 2019-2020. Click Update. Then click Back to Categories.
- Under Add New Category, type Current Season, and then click Add New Category.
- In the list of categories, drag Current Season to the top of the list.
- You’re done!
Adding a Performance
- In the WordPress sidebar, click Productions.
- Click on Add New.
- Add a title and desired content.
- On the right side of the page, select the Category your performance belongs to. This will automatically add it to the website’s navigation bar under works. Normally you will assign new works to the Current Season.
- On the right sidebar, select the Featured Image field. This is the image that will appear in your work page under the Zee Zee mask.
- For better display, images should be taller than they are wide (a good rule of thumb is height = width * 1.75). Ensure the content you want to display is horizontally and vertically centered within the image. If you do not have an image for this space, leave it blank and it will be fine.
- Click on Publish. You’re done! Enjoy the show!
Adding News and Events
- In the WordPress sidebar, click Posts.
- Click Add New.
- Add a title and desired content. Images can be most sizes and shapes in this area.
- On the right sidebar, select the Category your post belongs to.
- On the right sidebar, select the Featured Image field. This is the image that will appear in your news and events page under the Zee Zee mask.
- For better display, select an image with a height larger than its width (a good rule of thumb is height = width * 1.75). For better result, ensure the content you want to display is horizontally and vertically centered within the image.
- Under Content Summary, write a short summary about your post. This is the text displayed in the news and events page.
- Click onPublish, and you’re good to go!
Adding a Button
- Click add block as you would to add a text box. Circle with a plus sign in it.
- In the “Search for Block” field at the top of the window type “button”.
- Click on it to add.
- Write text over button.
- Add hyperlink
- Background colour and text colour will auto populate.
Reordering the shows in the left menu
- In the Dashboard menu click Productions
- In the Dashboard menu click Reorder (bottom of Productions)
- Choose season to change in the top of the window.
- Click YES for Manual Sorting
- Click the image and drag into place.